About Me

My photo

"You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world." (Matthew 5:14-16 The Message)  I am a self-taught artist born in Houston, Texas.  Creativity and artistry have been a mainstay for me, keeping me sane in an insane world.  I worked for the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice for over two decades until 2010, when I decided to transition to art full-time.  I am a multi-dimensional artist who loves the challenge of a new creative venture, always curious, always learning.  Pieces of my art have been published in the late Fiber Arts Magazine and in FiberArts Design Book IV.  I love what I do and I do what I love and I hope to share my creative vision, insight and creative light with those who are interested.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Re: Tama J Kieves book, "This Time I Dance"


Julia A. Walsh When I first read your book, I felt like shouting, "Charge!" like being on the frontline in a brave army of creative soldiers(your words). My connection with the spirit of the book would incite me to write things in the margins, like "fierce and clear wonder worker", "don't die before becoming a butterfly"; "Gold!"; plus lots and lots of stars and hearts in the margins where fruitful morsels of goodness struck me. I was on the disquieting edge of bringing one career (mundane) to an end and hoping for a future with the one, true thing that fed and illuminated my soul: Art. There came to me a slogan which I also wrote down at the end of one chapter and I'd like to share it here: "Manifest it! Bring it Forth! Make it Happen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment