Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Re: Tama J Kieves book, "This Time I Dance"


Julia A. Walsh When I first read your book, I felt like shouting, "Charge!" like being on the frontline in a brave army of creative soldiers(your words). My connection with the spirit of the book would incite me to write things in the margins, like "fierce and clear wonder worker", "don't die before becoming a butterfly"; "Gold!"; plus lots and lots of stars and hearts in the margins where fruitful morsels of goodness struck me. I was on the disquieting edge of bringing one career (mundane) to an end and hoping for a future with the one, true thing that fed and illuminated my soul: Art. There came to me a slogan which I also wrote down at the end of one chapter and I'd like to share it here: "Manifest it! Bring it Forth! Make it Happen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment