About Me

My photo

"You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world." (Matthew 5:14-16 The Message)  I am a self-taught artist born in Houston, Texas.  Creativity and artistry have been a mainstay for me, keeping me sane in an insane world.  I worked for the Texas Dept. of Criminal Justice for over two decades until 2010, when I decided to transition to art full-time.  I am a multi-dimensional artist who loves the challenge of a new creative venture, always curious, always learning.  Pieces of my art have been published in the late Fiber Arts Magazine and in FiberArts Design Book IV.  I love what I do and I do what I love and I hope to share my creative vision, insight and creative light with those who are interested.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Favorite Author(s)

Thomas Moore, the author, has been a major influence for me on the power of imagination.  Two of his books, "Care of the Soul" and "The Re-enchantment of Everyday Life" speak to the necessity of imagination and enchantment as two factors absolutely necessary for any worthwhile creative work.  Without imagination, we get sick.  How can we expand if we cannot imagine anything better?

“I have plenty of machinery around me; what I really need is a more enchanting world in which to live and work.” 
― Thomas MooreThe Re-Enchantment of Everyday Life


Tama J. Kieves- This Time I Dance: Trusting the Journey of Creating What You Love; Inspired & Unstoppable:  Wildly Succeeding in Your Life's Work

Ralph S. Marston Jr.-The Power of Ten Billion Dreams

Edwene Gaines- The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity

Julia Cameron-The Artist's Way;

No comments:

Post a Comment